[firebase-br] New features in FB... deferred constraint

Carlos H. Cantu listas em warmboot.com.br
Quinta Julho 20 09:03:02 -03 2023

Nem o Marco Cantu nem o Yemanov assinam essa lista.

[]s
Carlos H. Cantu
eBook Guia de Migração para o FB 3 - www.firebase.com.br/guiafb3.php
www.FireBase.com.br - www.firebirdnews.org - blog.firebase.com.br

MRvl> Dear Marco Cantú and Dmitry Yemanov,
MRvl> I wonder, if and when deferred constraint will be implemented?
MRvl> As far as I understand, developer should have the possibility of raising
MRvl> exception errors right when it happens or later, after filling the full
MRvl> screen data information, when commiting the insert/update transaction.
MRvl> For not stopping in all the time the program/user passe's on each field,
MRvl> like it happens in postgresql. When developers or analysts have to make
MRvl> decisions, constraints may be deferred for a  later time.
MRvl> When committing the application raises the all list of deferred
MRvl> constraints, this is very important to do in the server and it is not easy
MRvl> to implement in your exe, because firebird Stop's the application  at the
MRvl> backend.
MRvl> Best regards

MRvl> Com os meus melhores cumprimentos
MRvl> Mário Agostinho Reis