[firebase-br] Firebird 2 e PHP 5

Otto Fuchshuber ottofuch em terra.com.br
Sáb Abr 12 10:23:28 -03 2008

O colega tinha-se fixado no ADOdb, e assim desliguei o assunto.
Mas em
http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/ian_gilfillan20050906.php3
encontramos o seguinte, mostrando que o PEAR:DB também pode ser uma opção.
PEAR vem de PHP Extension and Application Repository (repositório  de
extensões e aplicações do PHP).,

PEAR:DB
In existence since 2001, part of the PEAR repository, and bundled with
PHP, PEAR:DB is for these reasons the most popular database abstraction
library. PEAR stands for PHP Extension and Application Repository, and
describes itself as a framework and distribution system for reusable PHP
components. It's not known as particularly zippy, and is also being
usurped by more recent and better performing abstaction layers. PEAR:DB
supports:
Firebird
Interbase
Informix
mSQL
MS SQL
MySQL
Oracle
ODBC
PostgreSQL
SQLite
Sybase

PEAR:DB can be downloaded at http://pear.php.net/package/DB/download.
Read more about it at http://pear.php.net/package/DB. There's also an
old tutorial available at
http://phpbuilder.com/columns/allan20010115.php3?aid=202. PEAR:DB
requires at least PHP 4.

ADOdb
In 2003 I wrote an introductory tutorial to ADOdb (part 1 and part 2).
Of course a lot has changed since then, but ADOdb is still a popular
abstraction layer. It's particularly easy to learn for Microsoft
developers, as it uses many of the ADO conventions. It's been around
since 2000, and is well-supported, and is also used by numerous popular
web applications, such as Mambo and eGroupWare.
ADOdb has quite a few methods that go beyond what's normally in an
abstraction layer, such as formatting tables and caching and it supports
the most DBMS'. The list currently includes:
Access
ADO
DB2
Firebird