Re: [firebase-br] OFF TOPPIC - Arquivos com Extensão DTA

Otto ottofuch em terra.com.br
Sáb Maio 28 11:32:36 -03 2005

Olhando em
http://forum.mxstudio.com.br/lofiversion/index.php?t9226.html
parece que tem algo a ver com PHP (não entendo nada).
Olhando em
http://tux.oclug.on.ca/pipermail/oclug/2003-January/027580.html
sugere tratar-se de arquviso dbf/idx renomeados, conforme texto abaixo.
100+
Otto
============== texto abaixo ========
Brian Barber said:
> I was sent a bunch of old files this morning by a colleague who can't
> remember what software was used to create them.  There are six pairs of
> files that share the same "first name" and the extensions .ind
> and .dta.  (e.g. file1.ind, file1.dta, file2.ind, file2.dta, ...
> file6.dta)  To the best of my recollection and from looking at them in
> a test editor, they are dBase IV files.  If I'm wrong, please steer me
> right... gently. :)

There is a large amount of software in use in the data collection and
statistical analysis industry that uses the .dta/.ind extensions.  The
extension is meant to differentiate the file from a regular .dbf/.idx in
that there may be (or may not be) differences in the file structure.  You
could try to treat them as dbf/idx files and run into trouble, or it may
work fine.

Or, it could be that some proprietary software has used those extensions,
and the contents are simply not in any recognizable format.

> I would like to extract the data and convert it to comma delimited text
> USING LINUX.  (Emphasis added to avoid confusion) I have or can get any
> recommended OSS tools.  I'd rather not post the files because the data
> may belong to a client who may wish to keep the data confidential.

If the files contain ASCII text, the main thing is, is there any sort of
delimeter in the files.  Look at the dta files and see if there seems to
be any delimeters in them, a character, character sequence, or fixed field
length.  If you can make a determination, you might be able to simply
import them into a spreadsheet program.

Don't worry about the index files, if that is what they are.  They can be
re-generated by the next database you put the data in.  Use caution if
doing this though.  There may be some structure to the files that is not
apparent without studying them.

If the files do not contain human readable ASCII text, they may contain
indexed binary data or compressed/encrypted data.  In that case, you
should see if there is any way to know what created them.

Rod.
=========== fim  texto abaixo ========