RES: [firebase-br] Arquivos com extensão ISI

Samuel Staff samuel em stafonline.com.br
Qui Fev 10 23:13:36 -03 2005

Manda um pra mim, q dou uma olhada

-----Mensagem original-----
De: lista-bounces em firebase.com.br [mailto:lista-bounces em firebase.com.br] Em
nome de Otto
Enviada em: quinta-feira, 10 de fevereiro de 2005 21:48
Para: FireBase
Assunto: Re: [firebase-br] Arquivos com extensão ISI

Procurando no Google com a string *.isi clipper

index sort order (ISI).

Parece que ISI quer dizer Index Sort Order, ou Índice de ordem de
ordenamento.

There are several reasons for this :

  a.. there is no defined method to identify the actual collation of indexes
in Dbase/Clipper/Foxpro. If the ODBC Driver uses a different collation than
your Dbase/Clipper/Foxpro application. The indexes become 'corrupt' for the
other application. Since there is no defined method for this, we are merely
'guessing' what collation is used.
  b.. If the ODBC Driver uses a different International Sort Order than your
Dbase/Clippe/Foxpro application. the indexes become 'corrupt' for the other
application. Normally, we set the Index sort order based on the regional
settings. English regions are assumed to have indexes sorted with ANSI and
all others sorted by the regional WINDOWS sort order. You can change the
International Sort Order of the Connect ODBC driver by (un)checking the
International Sort flag in the DataSource Configuration screen (or by
passing IntlSort=0/1 in your connection string).
  c.. The Index sort order also plays a role in this, you can change the
Index sort order, by setting the ISI option in the Datasource (or pass it
with the connectionstring).
  d.. Also you can try to set the index sort order (ISI). English regions
are assumed to have indexes sorted with ANSI and all others sorted by the
regional WINDOWS sort order. This option can be used to override this
default. For example, ISI=0 could be used to mark the indexes as sorted by
ANSI in some non English region. Alternatively, ISI=1 could be used to
indicate the indexes are sorted internationally in an English region. For
maximum index optimization leverage, the index sort order should match the
IntlSort option setting.
Fonte:
http://knowledgebase2.datadirect.com/kbase.nsf/SupportLink+Online/2552377PW?
OpenDocument